Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Melted Crayons

So my friend made this amazing melted crayon heart and this is what it turned out to look like.
She made it and it took her about.. 2 Days for her to complete it. After seeing many melted crayon pictures and my friend making one i decided to give it a try.      








Materials you will need for this are Crayola crayons, hair dryer, glue, and a canvas. First you need to find a lot of crayons, use old crayons rather than brand new ones because the old crayons tend to look better even though they are old. Lay out your crayons and separate them by color (red, orange, yellow, etc.)
You will probably collect more of one color than another so once you have laid all your crayons out just get rid of a few here or there, you will not use all of them. This is about 110 crayons. 

  Once you have separated your crayons by color, start the long process of getting rid of the Crayola wrapper. You do not have to get rid of it, I just think it's prettier. Do whatever you like (:
It took me about.. 4 hours to peel these. Your fingers will hurt after wards. I suggest watching tv while doing this, I watched four episodes of my all time favorite show, Dance Moms. 

Now lay your crayons out somewhere flat, in the shape you would like them to be in. You can do hearts, letters, circles, whatever you like.
When laying your crayons out, you will probably get rid of about 10-20 crayons. I used about 80-90 crayons because I didnt want it to be too big.
Once you have finished that you should use a canvas or heavy duty paper to glue your crayons on to. Then you will heat the crayons with a blow dryer. Once you are finished you will have a lovely piece of art work! Here are some examples:
This person decided to keep the wrapper on the crayon. 
This person didnt use Crayola brand crayons, I would suggest using them because according to my friend, they melt the best.
Thank you!
~Linnea HS.

No comments:

Post a Comment