Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nebraska Here We Come!

Roller Skating. Now when most people think of roller skating they automatically think roller derby. NO. Well, what my family and I do is something completely different than roller derby. It started when I wanted some roller blades when I was eight years old. In order for me to get the roller blades I needed to take roller skating lessons so I wouldn't brake my neck or ankle. We went to the rink for the first time and I saw the most graceful skaters ever, they were doing jumps and spins and tracing lines on the floor. Little did I know that I would be one of those skaters soon. After a failed attempt at roller blades, I tried some roller skates (4 wheels) and I loved it! Within the next year, I was doing competitions and wearing gorgeous dresses. But.. Then it started getting old and at the age of twelve I quit. Thankfully, my dad and sister picked up roller skating and still skate to this day.
An old picture of me at a skating competition, thank god the dresses have gotten much prettier and no one wears boot covers like that anymore!
 Earlier this summer in June my dad and sister attended the South East Regionals in North Carolina. This was the qualifying meet for Nationals.



My sister got a special award for getting 2nd place in one of her events last year at Nationals!
Last year was our first Nationals we attended. Nationals is always suppose to be held in the "middle" of the United States but last year.. Nationals was Indiana. Indiana is one of the most boring states that could possibly exist. ALL THERE WAS WAS CORN FIELDS. FIELDS AND FIELDS OF CORN. So fun. These are some picture of our skating team last year at Nationals.
Brittany, Tiffany, and I watching from the stands.

My sister and her friend Megan qualified for finals in an event!

Team out for dinner!
Honestly, after quitting skating I have never been looking forward to going to competitions or anything. Waking up at 4am in the morning isn't exactly what I call fun. But if you get to go to a different state even if it is boring and living in a hotel for a week, now that is fun! I hope Nebraska is just as fun and hopefully more exciting than Indiana but who knows! Wish everyone luck!
~Linnea HS.

2 comments:

  1. Linnea, this looks like so much fun! You are sooo cute! And so is your sister! I wanna come to one of her competitions sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally come next year! it's in New Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete